Info-gap theory is highly suited to deal with estimation and inference under severe uncertainty. Several applications have been developed in which info-gap theory augments statistical methods by dealing with non-random uncertainty.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2006, Info-Gap Decision Theory: Decisions Under Severe Uncertainty, 2nd edition, Academic Press, London.
Section 3.2.13: Estimating an uncertain probability density.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2010, Info-Gap Economics: An Operational Introduction, Palgrave-Macmillan.
Chapter 6: Estimation and Forecasting:
Section 6.1: Regression prediction.
Section 6.2: Auto-regression and data revision.
Section 6.3: Confidence intervals.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2022, Measured averages and inferred extremes: Info-gap analysis of deep uncertainty, SN Computer Science, 4:60.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s42979-022-01463-9. Submitted manuscript. On-line view only final version.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2022, Inferring extreme values from measured averages under deep uncertainty, ASME Journal of Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification, June 2022, vol. 7, pp.021002-1 to 021002-12. Abstract.
- Francois Hemez, 2020, Robust estimation of truncation-induced numerical uncertainty, Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series, IMAC, A Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics, Houston, 10 February 2020 through 13 February 2020, Code 245349, pp.223-232. Abstract.
- Yakov Ben-Haim and Francois Hemez, 2020, Richardson Extrapolation: An Info-Gap Analysis of Numerical Uncertainty, ASME Journal of Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification, vol. 5, number 2, article 021004, pp.1-8. Abstract.
- Yakov Ben-Haim and Mike Smithson, 2018, Data-Based Prediction under Uncertainty: A Dual Approach. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 87: 11-30. Abstract.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, Miriam Zacksenhouse, Ronit Eshel, Raphael Levi, Avi Fuerst and Wayne Bentley, 2014, Failure detection with likelihood ratio tests and uncertain probabilities: An info-gap application, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 48, pp.1-14. Pre-print.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2011, Interpreting null results from measurements with uncertain correlations: An info-gap approach, Risk Analysis-An International Journal, vol.31 (1), pp.78-85. Pre-print.
- Yakov Ben-Haim and Francois Hemez, 2012, Robustness, Fidelity and Prediction-Looseness of Models,Proceedings of the Royal Society, A, 468: 227-244. Pre-print.
- Tania Mirer and Yakov Ben-Haim, 2010, Reliability Assessment of Explosive Material Based on Penalty Tests: An Info-Gap Approach, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O, Journal of Risk and Reliability, vol. 224(4), pp.346-355. Pre-print.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2009, Info-gap forecasting and the advantage of sub-optimal models, European Journal of Operational Research, 197: 203-213. pdf file. EJOR.
- David R. Fox, Yakov Ben-Haim, Keith R. Hayes, Michael McCarthy, Brendan Wintle, Piers Dunstan, 2007, An info-gap approach to power and sample size calculations, Environmetrics, vol. 18, pp.189-203. Pre-print.
- Miriam Zacksenhouse, Simona Nemets, Miikhail A Lebedev and Miguel A Nicolelis, 2009, Robust Satisficing Linear Regression: performance/robustness trade-off and consistency criterion, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 23, pp.1954-1964,
- Miriam Zacksenhouse, Simona Nemets, Anna Yoffe, Yakov Ben-Haim, Mikhail Lebedev, Miguel Nicolelis, 2006, An info-gap approach to linear regression, IEEE International conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP 2006, May 14-19, 2006, Toulouse, France, Vol.3, pp.800-803.
- Miriam Zacksenhouse and Simona Nemets, 2011 Info-gap approach to regression, ICVRAM 2011: 1st International Conference on Vulnerability and Risk Assessment and Management, April 11-13, 2011, University of Maryland, College Park, pp.980-987.
- Carmit Keren, 2009, Info-Gap Bayesian Classification, MSc Thesis, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. In English.
- Ferson, S. and W.T. Tucker, 2008, Probability boxes as info-gap models, Annual Conference of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society – NAFIPS 2008, Article number 4531314.
- Berleant, D., Villaverde, K. and Koseheleva, O.M., 2008, Towards a more realistic representation of uncertainty: An approach motivated by Info-Gap Decision Theory, Annual Conference of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society – NAFIPS 2008, Article number 4531297.
- Matthias C.M. Troffeas and John Paul Gosling, 2012, Robust detection of exotic infectious diseases in animal herds: A comparative study of three decision methodologies under severe uncertainty, Intl J of Approximate Reasoning, 53: 1271-1281.
- Matthias C.M. Troffeas and John Paul Gosling, Robust detection of exotic infectious diseases in animal herds: A comparative study of two decision methodologies under severe uncertainty, 7th International Symposium on Imprecise Probability: Theories and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria, 25-28 July 2011. Paper.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, Two for the Price of One: Info-Gap Robustness of the 1-Test Algorithm, 7th International Symposium on Imprecise Probability: Theories and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria, 25-28 July 2011. Paper.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, Tests of the Mean with Distributional Uncertainty: An Info-Gap Approach, 6th International Symposium on Imprecise Probability: Theories and Applications, Durham, United Kingdom, 14-18 July 2009.
Questions or comments on info-gap theory? Contact me at email@example.com